Job alert: Booking Agent
To complement our current team, we are looking for someone who would like to work in the world of electronic music, in the field of booking, representing, and working with techno artists.
Octopus Agents is a booking agency based in Amsterdam that focuses on contemporary electronic dance music. We handle bookings for about 40 artists worldwide.
Vacancy: Booking Agent (m/f/x)
• Doing active acquisition in favour of shows for artist(s);
• Processing incoming requests for artist(s);
• Agenda management with regard to bookings for artist(s);
• Negotiating and booking performances;
• Actively building and maintaining a worldwide network of artists, promoters and venues;
• Setting up, developing and booking international tours;
• Being the link between the artist and the outside world;
• Setting up and working on annual strategy in consultation with artist (and/or) management;
• The position is in line with higher professional/HBO education thinking and working level.
Who are you?
• You are mad about (electronic) music;
• You are able to work and trade both commercially and creatively;
• You communicate a lot, without losing an overview;
• You like to learn;
• You work carefully and feel responsible for your actions;
• You are able to work proactively and as part of a team;
• Conscious about the state of our planet;
• You keep inclusivity in mind, in both thoughts and actions;
• A love for techno music and knowledge of the scene is a plus;
• Fluent in English in speaking and writing, any extra language is a bonus.
What do we offer?
• Full-time position within the music industry in the field of bookings;
• A pleasant, hardworking team and a fun, casual workplace where you will gain a lot of experience;
• Profiling yourself and building up a international network in electronic music;
• Personal guidance from other team members;
• An employer who encourages and supports expressing ambitions;
• Nice starting salary and development plan for the future.
We consciously choose to advertise the vacancy widely so that everyone can respond.
Stimulating diversity in a broad sense (ideas, culture, gender, sexual preference, religion) is an important spearhead for Octopus Agents as a company. We are therefore building a well-balanced workforce and we need you to do so. For this position, candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Start date: in consultation
Mail your resume and motivation before May 1, 2022 to:
email@example.com for the attention of Dion Verbeek & Jop Verberne.