Vacancy: Booking Assistant (m/f/x)
To complement our current team, we are looking for someone who would like to work in the world of electronic music, in the field of booking, representing, and working with artists.
The job on offer is a starting position and is a trainee role but is however paid and full time. The plan is to get you familiar with the job role while gradually training you with the view to become a booking agent in the long term.
Octopus Agents is a booking agency that focuses on contemporary electronic dance music. We handle bookings for about 40 artists worldwide. The position on offer is based in Amsterdam.
• Working and acting in close consultation with responsible booking agent;
• Doing active acquisition in favor of shows for artist(s);
• Processing incoming requests for artist(s);
• Agenda management with regard to bookings for artist(s);
• Negotiating and booking performances in consultation with responsible booking agent;
• Actively building and maintaining a worldwide network of artists, promoters and venues;
• Assisting to set up, develop and book international tours;
• Managing our bi-weekly flightshare mailing;
• Various assistant tasks such as requesting and approving artwork, contract negotiations and being the first point of contact for the rest of the team;
• The position is in line with higher professional/HBO education thinking and working level.
Who are you?
• You are passionate about (electronic) music;
• You are able to work and trade both commercially and creatively;
• You communicate a lot, without losing an overview;
• You are open to learn;
• You can work carefully and calmly and feel responsible for your actions;
• You are able to work proactively and as part of a team;
• Conscious about the state of our planet;
• You keep inclusivity in mind;
• A love for music and knowledge of the scene is a plus;
• Fluent in English in speaking and writing, any extra language is a bonus.
What do we offer?
• Full-time position within the live music sector, specifically in the field of bookings;
• A pleasant, hardworking team and a fun, casual workplace where you will gain a lot of experience;
• Profiling yourself and building up an international network in electronic music;
• Personal guidance from other team members;
• An employer who encourages and supports expressing ambitions;
• Nice starting salary and development plan for the future;
• Pension plan and annual profit share;
• Annual travel budget and mobile phone plan.
We consciously choose to advertise the vacancy widely so that everyone can respond
Stimulating diversity in a broad sense (ideas, culture, gender, sexual preference, religion) is an important spearhead for Octopus Agents as a company. We are therefore building a well-balanced workforce and we need you to do so. For this position, candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail your resume and motivation before September 1st, 2022 to email@example.com for the attention of Jop Verberne & Matt Hesselworth.