Job opportunity: Freelance Copywriter (f/m/x)
Want to write these newsletters? We are looking for a freelance copywriter.
To complement our current team, we are looking for someone who can support our team by copywriting for our website and weekly newsletter. We are looking for someone who finds this role challenging but does not have the desire to work with artists directly in the future. We are looking for someone who thrives in this role and has the ambition to be the best in it. We are a diverse team and invest in learning from each other’s perspectives and are looking for a colleague with an inclusive attitude.
We are a diverse team and invest in learning from each other’s perspectives and are looking for a colleague with an inclusive attitude.
Octopus Agents is a booking agency that focuses on contemporary electronic dance music. We handle bookings for about 45 artists, mostly worldwide. The position on offer is based in Amsterdam. We’re looking for someone who is willing and able to work from our office.
• Collecting news that is relevant to our artists and writing articles;
• Drafting the newsletter;
• Biography updates;
• Keeping artist profiles on our website up to date;
• Various social media tasks;
• Other (minor) copywriting tasks;
Who are you?
• You are able to work both commercially and creatively;
• You are used to adapt different communication styles and cultural communication styles;
• You are open to learn;
• You can work carefully, calmly and feel responsible for your actions;
• You are able to work proactively and as part of a team;
• You understand and value the musical spectrum we operate in;
• You are interested in building an inclusive working space
• Conscious and a constructive attitude towards the environmental state of our planet and social topics;
• Fluent in English in speaking and writing, any extra language is a bonus;
• Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, or other design software, is a plus;
What do we offer?
• A 1.5 day position within the live music sector;
• A desk and computer at our office;
• A pleasant, hardworking team and a fun, casual workplace where you will gain a lot of experience and personal initiative is valued;
• A working place that is connected to an international working field;
• The possibility to visit shows;
Ability to look at a screen for extended periods of time. Ability to maintain a professional and flexible demeanour within a fast paced environment.
We consciously choose to advertise the vacancy widely so that everyone can respond.
Stimulating diversity in a broad sense (ideas, culture, gender, sexual preference, age, class, religion) is an important spearhead for Octopus Agents as a company. We are therefore building a well-balanced workforce and we need you to do so. For this position, candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications and to ensure fairness in the process there is no possibility to speak to the hiring team before applying. If you have any specific questions please include these in the supporting statement.
Starting date: In consultation, ideally June 1st 2023
Salary: In consultation
Apply: CV and supporting statement to email@example.com or via Doors Open.