Job opportunity: Senior Producer (f/m/x)
Want to work in advancing and producing shows? We are looking for a Senior Producer.
To complement our current team, we are looking for someone who can support our team by advancing and producing shows. We are looking for someone who takes responsibility, wants to thrive in this role and has the ambition to be the best in it. We are a diverse team and invest in learning from each other’s perspectives and are looking for a colleague with an inclusive attitude.
Octopus Agents is a booking agency that focuses on contemporary electronic dance music, performing arts and fine arts. We handle bookings for about 45 artists, mostly worldwide. The position on offer is based in Amsterdam and we work from the office between 09:30 – 18:30 from Monday to Friday. We’re looking for someone who is willing to work from our office.
• Worldwide (pre-)production for music and arts performances;
• Drawing up and booking travel schedules, relevant ground transport and hotels in consultation with the artist and promoter;
• Drafting, organizing, and confirming technical and hospitality riders;
• Drafting and timely communication of itineraries;
• Liaising between artist and promoter regarding logistics and production for the show;
• Coordinating any work permit, visa, or other documents required for the artist to perform;
• Supervising the productional onboarding of new artists;
• Advisory role towards agents in complex logistical or productional issues;
• Overseeing budgets for shows and tours;
• File management of all travel documents (I.e. passport, visa, insurance) of artists;
• Assisting agents, artists, and (tour) managers where needed;
Who are you?
• You have experience navigating complex logistical projects and technical productions;
• You are able to work both commercially and creatively;
• You are used to adapting different communication styles and cultural communication styles;
• You are open to learning;
• You can work carefully, calmly and feel responsible for your actions;
• You are able to work proactively and as part of a team;
• You understand and value the musical spectrum we operate in;
• You are interested in building an inclusive working space;
• Conscious and constructive attitude toward the environmental state of our planet and social topics;
• Fluent in English in speaking and writing is a must, any extra language is a bonus;
• As this position requires working with high-profile clients we request a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role and appreciate an explanatory note on this in the cover letter
What do we offer?
• Full-time position within the live music sector;
• A pleasant, hardworking team and a fun, casual workplace where you will gain a lot of experience and personal initiative is valued;
• Personal guidance from other team members;
• A working place that is connected to an international working field;
• An employer who encourages and supports expressing ambitions;
• Nice starting salary and development plan for the future;
• Pension plan and annual profit share.
Ability to look at a screen for extended periods of time. Ability to maintain a professional and flexible demeanor within a fast-paced environment.
We consciously choose to advertise the vacancy widely so that everyone can respond.
Stimulating diversity in a broad sense (ideas, culture, gender, sexual preference, age, class, religion) is an important spearhead for Octopus Agents as a company. We are therefore building a well-balanced workforce and we need you to do so. For this position, candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Unfortunately due to the number of applications and to ensure fairness in the process there is no possibility to speak to the hiring team before applying. If you have any specific questions please include these in the cover letter.
Starting date: October 1st, 2023
Salary: In consultation
Apply: CV and motivation letter before August 7th to Jop Verberne via firstname.lastname@example.org or via Doors Open.