Vacancy: Booking Agent (f/m/x)
We are looking for a Booking Agent to join our team. Are you the one?
To complement our current team, we are looking for someone who would like to work in the world of electronic music, in the field of booking, representing, and working with techno artists. We are looking for someone who takes responsibility, wants to thrive in this role and has the ambition to be the best at it. We are a diverse team and invest in learning from each other’s perspectives and are looking for a colleague with an inclusive attitude.
Octopus Agents is a booking agency that focuses on contemporary electronic dance music, performing arts and fine arts. We handle bookings for about 45 artists, mostly worldwide. The position on offer is based in Amsterdam and we work from the office between 09:30 – 18:30 from Monday to Friday. We’re looking for someone who is willing to work in our office.
• Doing active acquisition in favor of shows for artist(s);
• Processing incoming requests for artist(s);
• Agenda management with regard to bookings for artist(s);
• Negotiating and booking performances;
• Actively building and maintaining a worldwide network of artists, promoters and venues;
• Setting up, developing, and booking international tours;
• Being the link between the artist and the outside world;
• Setting up and working on an annual strategy in consultation with artists (and/or) management;
• The position is in line with higher professional/HBO education thinking and working level.
Who are you?
• You are mad about (electronic) music;
• You are able to work and trade both commercially and creatively;
• You communicate a lot, without losing an overview;
• You like to learn;
• You work carefully and feel responsible for your actions;
• You are able to work proactively and as part of a team;
• Conscious about the state of our planet;
• You keep inclusivity in mind, in both thoughts and actions;
• A love for music and knowledge of the scene is a plus;
• Fluent in English in speaking and writing, any extra language is a bonus.
• As this position requires working with high profile clients we request a minimum of three years experience in a similar role and appreciate an explanatory note on this in the cover letter
What do we offer?
• Full-time position within the live music sector;
• A pleasant, hardworking team and a fun, casual workplace where you will gain a lot of experience and personal initiative is valued;
• Personal guidance from other team members;
• A working place that is connected to an international working field;
• An employer who encourages and supports expressing ambitions;
• Nice starting salary and development plan for the future;
• Pension plan and annual profit share.
Ability to look at a screen for extended periods of time. Ability to maintain a professional and flexible demeanor within a fast-paced environment.
We consciously choose to advertise the vacancy widely so that everyone can respond. Stimulating diversity in a broad sense (ideas, culture, gender, sexual preference, age, class, religion) is an important spearhead for Octopus Agents as a company. We are therefore building a well-balanced workforce and we need you to do so. For this position, candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications and to ensure fairness in the process there is no possibility to speak to the hiring team before applying. If you have any specific questions, please include these in the cover letter.
Starting date: in consultation
Apply via the following link