Vacancy: Junior Employee Accounting (f/m/x)
We are looking for a new Octo-team member. Read below for more info.
To complement our current team, we are looking for someone who can support our team in the role of junior employee accounting. We are looking for someone who takes responsibility, wants to thrive in this role and has the ambition to be the best at it. We are a diverse team and invest in learning from each other’s perspectives and are looking for a colleague with an inclusive attitude.
Octopus Agents is a booking agency that focuses on contemporary electronic dance music, performing arts and fine arts. We handle bookings for about 45 artists, mostly worldwide.
The position on offer is based in Amsterdam and we work from the office between 09:30 – 18:30 from Monday to Friday. We’re looking for someone who is willing to work from our office.
- Issuing and sending out paperwork such as contracts and invoices;
- Following up on unsigned contracts and unpaid invoices;
- Negotiating contract terms and keeping a database on agreed payment exceptions;
- Answering incoming mails + inbox management
- Requesting certificates regarding withheld withholding taxes and various other tax forms;
- Other related activities in the field of accounting / office management / contracting.
- You are crazy about (electronic) music;
- You like to work carefully, punctually and in an organized manner;
- You communicate a lot, without losing an oversight of multiple ongoing projects and you are able prioritize where necessary;
- You are interested in making the live sector more sustainable;
- You take responsibility for your actions and are eager to learn;
- You can work proactively and in teams;
- You like to work inclusively, in both thinking and acting;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing, an additional language is a bonus;
- Preferably, you have a background in accountancy, economics and/or law.
What do we offer?
- Full-time position within the live music sector;
- A pleasant, hardworking team and a fun, casual workplace where you will gain a lot of experience and personal initiative is valued;
- Personal guidance from other team members;
- A working place that is connected to an international working field;
- An employer who encourages and supports expressing ambitions;
- Nice starting salary and development plan for the future;
- Pension plan and annual profit share.
Ability to look at a screen for extended periods of time. Ability to maintain a professional and flexible demeanor within a fast paced environment. We consciously choose to advertise the vacancy widely so that everyone can respond.
Stimulating diversity in a broad sense (ideas, culture, gender, sexual preference, age, class, religion) is an important spearhead for Octopus Agents as a company. We are therefore building a well-balanced workforce and we need you to do so. For this position, candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Unfortunately due to the number of applications and to ensure fairness in the process there is no possibility to speak to the hiring team before applying. If you have any specific questions please include these in the cover letter.
Starting date: January 2nd 2024
Interested? Apply via the following link.