Vacancy: Office Manager (f/m/x)
Your opportunity to join the team.
To complement our current team, we are looking for someone who can support our team by taking care of various business and office operations on a full-time basis. We are looking for someone who thrives in this supporting role and has the ambition to be the best in it. This function is not expandable to an agent function. We are a diverse team and invest in learning from each other’s perspectives and are looking for a colleague with an inclusive attitude.
Octopus Agents is a booking agency that focuses on contemporary electronic dance music. We handle bookings for about 45 artists, mostly worldwide. The position on offer is based in Amsterdam and we work from the office between 09:30 – 18:30 from Monday to Friday.
• Administrative tasks and procedures, process incoming correspondence, create filing systems;
• Managing inventory and assigning administrative tasks;
• Developing and managing office policy;
• Developing and managing GDPR guidelines;
• First point of contact for external suppliers;
• Managing incoming physical mail, phone calls and several e‑mailboxes;
• Supporting management with various administrative tasks;
• Purchasing and keeping inventory of office supplies;
• Registering and managing holiday requests, sick leave and planning of our emergency service;
• Lunch planning;
• Drafting agendas and notes for various meetings;
• Organizing staff trips and drinks;
• The position is in line with MBO/HBO education thinking and working level. A degree however, is not necessary.
Who are you?
• You are able to work and trade both commercially and creatively;
• You communicate a lot, without losing an overview;
• You are used to adapt different communication styles and cultural communication styles
• You are open to learn;
• You can work carefully and calmly and feel responsible for your actions;
• You are interested in building an inclusive working space
• You are able to work proactively and as part of a team;
• Conscious and a constructive attitude towards the environmental state of our planet and social topics;
• A love for music is a plus;
• A BHV certificate is a plus;
• Fluent in English in speaking and writing, any extra language is a bonus.
What do we offer?
• Full-time position within the live music sector;
• A pleasant, hardworking team and a fun, casual workplace where you will gain a lot of experience and personal initiative is valued;
• Personal guidance from other team members;
• A working place that is connected to an international working field;
• An employer who encourages and supports expressing ambitions;
• Nice starting salary and development plan for the future;
• Pension plan and annual profit share.
Ability to look at a screen for extended periods of time.
Ability to maintain a professional and flexible demeanour within a fast paced environment.
We consciously choose to advertise the vacancy widely so that everyone can respond.
Stimulating diversity in a broad sense (ideas, culture, gender, sexual preference, age, class, religion) is an important spearhead for Octopus Agents as a company. We are therefore building a well-balanced workforce and we need you to do so. For this position, candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Unfortunately due to the number of applications and to ensure fairness in the process there is no possibility to speak to the hiring team before applying. If you have any specific questions please include these in the supporting statement.
Starting date: April 1st 2023
Application deadline: February 20th 2023
Mail your resume and motivation to Dion Verbeek at [email protected]octopus-agents.com
2000 — 2200 EUR p/m